Friday, September 23, 2011

Damn Youse, Toyota! Just When I Almost Made Kinks Cool Again.

You kill me using one of their songs in a Prius commercial, using "Gotts Be Free," from off Lola versus Powerman and the Money-Go-Round, Part One album deep in the back catalog.

Sure, everyone has heard "Lola" but few have heard the whole album, which plainly indicates Lola a female.

No one heard this song, save for me and one moneygrubbing ad exec somewheres.  Thanks for killing my cred with kids.

Plus at the end, the ad shows some car silhouettes in rainbow colors, a not so subtle promotion of the gay menace.

C'mon, Westboro, when you gonna protest against Toyota Priuses?



In interest of full disclosure, I hate Toyota after my momma's 06 Camry caught fire.  Man, I really miss that cd/cassette player.



No comments: