Friday, August 17, 2012

Humans Lie but Mitt Romney Takes It to Another Level

All humans have a capacity to lie, even me.  I lie to myself every morning to get out of bed, lying by choosing to believe any thing I can do will make my humble empire of dirt better.

(Then have to bribe myself 'cause without getting out of bed could not get my espresso, yogurt, granola, and eventually beer for happy hour.)

Nevertheless even though we all lie, some seem to develop an extreme capacity to tell bold faced lies and believe them as true, say like Joseph Smith and his Jesus just visited Kansas City meme.

Not to impugn all Mormons with the dishonesty shown by Mittens Romney.  As a class, they do well by others and make a lot of money.  Shoot, I'll trust a Mormon or true follower of Allah before some self proclaimed "Christian" ponzi schemer.

Still, Willard approaches psychopathic liar status, sort of like President Cheney except no alcohol or caffeine.

[I don't know the Republican candidate personally, but from a distance, it appears there's a part of his brain that allows him to create some kind of deliberate blind-spot. It's actually a little scary to think of a leader -- a man who'd be given enormous power and influence, literally making life and death decisions on a regular basis -- who can convince himself that his falsehoods are true, and that others' truths are falsehoods.]

No comments: