Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Why do Republikkans hate American jobs?

Let me put this in terms even Michael Steele, current chairman of the Republikkkan National Committee, can understand.

When you go somewhere and peform a task and someone gives you $ for doing so, that's a job.

As an unemplyed CAD drafter, I damn well know paycheck equals job. Hell, let ME design roadways for 3 years.

Sure a road contract ends, but you can feed yur family in the meantime and then go onto the next contract or job if the economy ever improves.

Of coursee Stephanoupolis can't understand Steele's argument because it's INSANE!


[STEELE: What this administration is talking about is making work. It is creating work.

STEPHANOPOULOS: But that's a job.

STEELE: No, it's not a job. A job is something that -- that a business owner creates. It's going to be long term. What he's creating...

STEPHANOPOULOS: So a job doesn't count if it's a government job?

(CROSSTALK)

STEELE: Hold on. No, let me -- let me -- let me finish. That is a contract. It ends at a certain point, George. You know that. These road projects that we're talking about have an end point.]

As a small-business owner, I'm looking to grow my business, expand my business. I want to reach further. I want to be international. I want to be national. It's a whole different perspective on how you create a job versus how you create work. And I'm -- either way, the bottom line is...

STEPHANOPOULOS: I guess I don't really understand that distinction.]

No comments: