Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Inane Rules

Any organization makes rules to ser procedure and thus create conformty across the company or enterprise.  Mostly these rules make sense and organize activities and procedures.

Since hunans, however, come in infinite varieties, most organiztions admit of the need--nay indeed the necessity--of exceptions to stated rules.

Not so with Manor Care "skilled nursing care" facility in Wintr Park, FL with Thanksgiving. 

No inmate--err, I meant patient--can stay out past midnight without immediate discharge.  Smce Mapquest estimates this at 71.87 miles from my cell--oops, meant location-to the ramily manse and a time of 1 hour and 25 minutes it seems too far to make 3 trips in 1 day, especially after a turkey dinner with all the fixings.

It could prove dangerous due to triptophan induced drowsiness.

No exceptions to this rule, thus ruining my favorite holiday and chance to see my Gator nieces and rest of the family, despite the facts my insurance will still pay the place OK's the leave and it has therapeutic value to see if my family CAN provide minimal assistrance to keep me healthy would I were not safely able to return home.

Companies seem to make the rules for stupid people and administrators to relieve them of need for rational thought, especially in this case, damn your eyes, http://youtu.be/Ss_KyPfM1es.

No comments: