Saturday, February 22, 2014

Fun Ginger Facts

Took me decades but niw am proud of my redheaded mane.

On the painkilling front, I keep telling thos basdtard git Dr's I am more sensitive to pain.  Having nephrostomy tubes stuck in my back sucks.

They say with air of smug superiority, "We don't give anasthaesia for this."

Well let me off this table, you hop on, and I'll stick needles through your back into your kidneys, and then you tell me what I need."

Dipwads.

[....Also, in surgery, gingers might require approximately 20% more anaesthesia than other hair colours. The exact reason for this is unknown, but it is thought that a link to the mutated MC1R gene could be the culprit to its effectiveness.

6. The Romans kept redheaded slaves at a higher price

Those with fiery-coloured hair were held in high esteem in Roman art and culture. Thought to be strong and determined, they were more expensive than other slaves, and prisoners would even have their hair dyed to be displayed as trophies.

Either that, or wigs of red hair were reportedly imported from northern Europe, for slaves to wear.]
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/emmakelly/redhead-facts_b_4781153.html



No comments: