Saturday, February 8, 2014

Love my enemies?

Jesus, You have got to speak in jest here. Even though don't think I've any enemies in the sense of those actively seeking to harm me, currently have plenty of incompetent and indifferent fools standing in the way of my regaining independence. Not to mention the legions of wrongheaded humans who despise me because I'm right and vast multitudes of those I've wronged in the past and who probably still hate me decades later.

I have to love all of 'em sez bible verse of the day from those pesky Gospels. Darn, just when i wanted some Old Testament stuff which would let me feel good about some righteous smiting. Gollly gee whiz, please let me smite someones. Please? Wait. Pray for them too, Lord. Dang, that hurts.  Can't I just buffet the bastards 'bout the head with pillows and well placed wrath?  No?

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust."

No comments: