Monday, November 30, 2015

My Own Private Island Hell in the For Profit Health Care Death System

My roommate, Mr. Henry, turned up working exra hard this morning,  Usually, staff comes in around 5 am am and that in itself can become very comical.   This morning, however, my eyes opened at 6:37 am to behold my roomie lying in bed, fuly dressed and relaxing.

Then, our aide,delightful lady aide with a slight southern US accent and exclaimed,, "Mr. Henry, why you wearing your rommate's clothes?  Turns out, he'd woken early and taken my clothes from my wheelchair and put them on and even had my shoes in his bed as if ready to wear them.  This would have proved quite comical as my stupid gunboat sized shoes, Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars, would have flopped like clown shoes on his feet.  That and fact you could fit 2 of him my estra large size jeans shorts.



Oh, I just love retirement in Island Hell.  Part of their logo reads "At the Heart of Caring.."  Bullshit, they live in the for profit American health care killing system where they wipe already raw backside with rough towels and wash clothes, which after washing gets used to wash our faces.  Than God for bleach.

One time of a particularly painful problem, I had to go all the way up the food chain--from Certified Nursing Assistant, to Nurse, to Unit Manager, to the damn Director of Nursing--to get soothing medicated wipes for my aching ass.

A Healthy Bottom Line: Profits or People 
By Claire Andre and Manuel Velasquez
In Alameda County, a private hospital turned away a woman in labor because the hospital's computer showed that she didn't have insurance. Hours later, her baby was born dead in a county hospital.
In San Bernardino, a hospital surgeon sent a patient who had been stabbed in the heart to a county medical center after examining him and declaring his condition stable. The patient arrived at the county medical center moribund, suffered a cardiac arrest, and died.
These two hospitals shifted these patients to county facilities not for medical reasons, but for economic ones -- the receiving hospitals feared they wouldn't be paid for treating the patient. These patients simply weren't "good business." https://www.scu.edu/ethics/publications/iie/v1n4/healthy.html

No comments: