Saturday, March 12, 2011

"[T]he highest executive in our state suffers from the delusion that God dictates his every move."

Written about Wisconsin Governator Scott Walker but fear it true of Governor 48.9% in Florida.  Guess Governor Gollum could not find anything about trains in his bible, probably the original King Jjames because everyone knows later versions communist influenced by the Devil.

The following explains why RepubliKKKans scare me; they truly believe they follow God's commands but follow who they conceive of as that angry old white bearded dude in the sky, not Jesus who preached love even of the lowliest in society: the poor, the widows, the illegal aliens, those who hunger, and dare I say even union workers.

[Scott Walker Believes He’s Following Orders from the Lord
By Matthew Rothschild, March 7, 2011
The dogmatic unwillingness of Wis. Gov. Scott Walker to negotiate or to compromise with Democrats or unions has surprised many people in the state. One explanation for his attitude may be found in his religious convictions.
In a talk to the Christian Businessmen’s Committee in Madison on November 13, 2009, Walker, who was raised by a Baptist preacher, spoke about his personal relationship with God, his “walk to Christ,” and his belief in the need to “trust and obey” the Lord.
He told the group that when he was thirteen, he committed himself to Jesus. “I said, ‘Lord, I’m ready . . . not just in front of my Church and the world but most importantly at the foot of your Throne, I’m ready to follow you each and every day. . . . I have just full out there said, ‘I’m going to trust in you Christ to tell me where to go. And to the best of my ability I’m going to obey where you lead me,’ and that has made all the difference in the world to me, for good times and bad.”
Walker said that God has told him what to do every step of the way, including about what jobs to take, whom to marry, and when to run for governor...

.Walker’s views disturb Annie Laurie Gaylor, co-president of the Freedom From Religion Foundation.
“It is frightening that the highest executive in our state suffers from the delusion that God dictates his every move,” she says. “Consider the personal and historic devastation inflicted by fanatics who think they are acting in the name of their deity.”] emphasis added

No comments: