Friday, July 22, 2011

Palin Family Mental Pathology

This makes me wonder about the voices in my head, always thinking about what my dearly departed Mom or still with us Dad would want me to do.

Do my only original thoughts and actions come from being bad and wrong choices?

Or can the positives taught me by my parents help establish a way of looking at the world to try to do any little thing to make my dirt patch a better place?

Bristol, honey, cut the apron strings and move out of your Momma's  house on your own 2 feet; become your own girl.  You can still make bank on your own, not just as 1 of Sarah's spawn.

You go, girl.

[One thing jumped out at me over and over again when I interviewed Bristol Palin: She had difficulty identifying and expressing feelings.

Even when pressed, she was unable to dig deep and readily find an emotional response.
Based on how Bristol described her family, the Palins seem to exhibit what in my line of work is called an "enmeshed" family. It's more than being close. It's being too close.



Members are extensions of each other. It's hard to tell, for example, where mom begins and daughter ends. Boundaries are blurred. Each feels that she's essential to the other's happiness, even survival.

And while it is not an awful situation it can be a handicap.

In more severe enmeshment, individual identity suffers. Sense of self can be totally lost. A person is ultimately unable to look within. So he or she acts out.] emphasis added
http://www.wftv.com/health/28628394/detail.html?treets=orlc&tid=26513271874813&tml=orlc_ent&tmi=orlc_ent_1_11150107222011&ts=H

No comments: