Friday, September 24, 2010

Facebook sucks: "Did you know when you talk to a real person, their mouth moves? "

[...Industry watchers say Facebook users suffering through the two-and-a-half-hour outage were like drug addicts going through withdrawal. Facebook's more than 500 million users have grown accustomed to sharing updates about their cats and colleagues, and posting funny pictures of drunken friends and kids acting silly. They certainly don't like it when the social networking site goes down...

Augie Ray, an analyst at Forrester Research, said he was in the same boat.

"I'm not sure I was more productive," he told Computerworld. "I used the Facebook outage as an opportunity for humor on Twitter. I tweeted things like, 'I feel so lonely & isolated all of a sudden. I was forced to have an actual face2face conversation with someone! #facebookdown.' And 'Did you know when you talk to a real person, their mouth moves? I'm used to chatting w/ profile pics & avatars! #facebookdown.' OK, I didn't say it was good humor!"]
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9187900/Facebook_outage_spotlights_social_media_addiction?source=CTWNLE_nlt_pm_2010-09-24

No comments: