Friday, September 17, 2010

Knew Jesus wanted to talk to me but avoided Him for several weeks.

Finally found family forcing me to go to a baptism on a Palm Sunday at Trinity Lutheran Church Downtown Orlando, LCMS.

There Jesus remained fixed to the wall with his hands reaching down, down to his lost sheep, down to his brothers and sisters, down to me, where I'd seen him my whole conscious life.

As statue story went, this particular statue a copy of a Scandinavian one where sculptor shaped the clay so Jesus looked upwards to where his outstretched arms reached. The morning after finishing the piece the sculptor and students walked into the studio and found Jesus' head bowed and reaching down to supplicants, humans all.

The students sprang to reposition the figure but the master sculptor stopped them. "No, I like it the way I see it now."

So lest you think me insane rather than just admittedly crazy, Jesus did not talk to me until I talked to him first. "Que Passa, JON?" (Jesus of Nazareth, my friend name for Him.)

"Great, glad to hear you doing well also," he replied in English 'cause he knows I speak un poco Spanish whereas He speaks Castilian as well as Rican and Mexican dialects.

"So did you read my posts? The ones published and paid for?"

"Of course, you know I like what you post with your clever turns of phrase."

"So do You think them sacrilegious?"

"Do you?"

"I don't know. When does my sarcasm linked to Your Holy Words cross the line?"

He did not answer directly which meant my heart had the answer sought.

"So did I go too far in criticizing others who claim a Christianity cloak while hating some humans? Seriously, Haysoos, links went to your last sheep and goats commandment and OT verses on aliens in the land so just trying to get the heathen to the Word . Your Word if I might say."

"How'd you like the movie Book of Eli?"

So you know, He never really gives me a straight answer but ALWAYS asks me to look into my heart, never the easiest thing to do.

"So did I write those to tear RepubliKKKans down, aggrandize myself, piss off progressives, use my gift of sarcasm for for the dark side of the Force, or delusion my lone voice blogging in the wilderness means anything to any other human being?"

Just a note, God digs Star Wars and Star Trek and Bhagavad Gītā and thinks we should read all sacred texts of humanity and wishes Native Americans could put their ineffable faith into words.

"OK, OK, will try to tone down snarky sarcasm."

Just then the Pastor held up my little niece, Marie Christine Gerlach, "The newest member of our faith family."

Good luck, little girl, God Bless you, will try to stick around umtil you know I love you.

(Concept borrowed from Giovanni Guareschi, angst all my own.

No comments: