Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Advice from Bartenders

[22.
 Everyone should bartend a few nights in his life.
You learn so much about people. 



19.
 I like a sophisticated palate.
You’ll win points with me if you request gin in your martini. 



16. 
I've heard it all. 
One guy told me I had the worst smile he‘d ever seen. I found out that he thinks a girl won‘t remember him unless he puts her down. I guess it worked; I‘m telling you this story three weeks later.



9. The smoothest guys compliment a woman, then walk away-it's very nonthreatening.

7. If your tipping guideline is still 'a buck a drink,' listen closely: That doesn't fly if you order a $12 cocktail. Tip at least 15 percent.

4. Liquor sales in bars and restaurants were down 2.2 percent last year. Even beer sales are slow. But people scrimp on food first, drinks second.  (Or as my rule goes, try not to eat on an empty stomach; lubricate the digestion process with a few beers first.)

1. Yell, whistle, or wave money and I'm going to make you wait.Make eye contact and smile, and I'll come over as soon as I can. Know what you want and have your money ready.]
http://www.rd.com/slideshows/13-things-your-bartender-wont-tell-you-slideshow/?trkid=outbrain-all#slideshow=slide1






No comments: