Wednesday, December 22, 2010

While 1 is Oppressed, I Will Organize

"While women weep, as they do now, I'll fight [organize]; while children go hungry, as they do now, I'll fight [organize]; while men go to prison, in and out, in and out, as they do, I'll fight [organize] ; while there is one drunkard left, while there is a poor girl upon the streets, while there remains one dark soul without the light of God, I'll fight -- I'll [organize] fight to the very end!"
William Booth

William Booth (10 April 1829 – 20 August 1912) was a British Methodist preacher who founded The Salvation Army and became its first General (1878–1912). The Christian movement, with a quasi-military structure and government - but with no physical weaponry - founded in 1865, has spread from London,England, to many parts of the world and is known for being one of the largest distributors of humanitarian aid.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Booth

No comments: