Wednesday, March 19, 2014

God may forgive Fred Phelps

My Sojourners email newsletter brought unbidden by me a prayer for Fred Phelps founder of noted purveyors of hate Westboro Baptist "Church," and it puzzled me.  Guess he has come to face his end as all mortals except myself will.  I probably will try not to laugh, but this still makes me smile.



And this:




So die, motherfucker, Fred, die!  Oops, did I write that out loud?

Nevertheless, we do not have to let hate stand as Fred's only legacy:
"But look at what else happened:

Along the way, people have rallied to the side of gay people and military men and women.

Americans have formed lines of protection at certain events, as they did just recently at the University of Missouri when the church was rumored to be ready to protest the gay Mizzou Tiger player Michael Sam."
http://www.kansascity.com/2014/03/17/4895965/god-may-forgive-fred-phelps-sr.html
Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2014/03/17/4895965/god-may-forgive-fred-phelps-sr.html#storylink=cpy

No comments: