Friday, September 19, 2014

Inspirational Quotes

First, let me quibble.  Does it amount to a quote if you attribute it to an unknown author?  A quote comes from quoting someone directly and indicating that within writing by use of quotation marks,

Heard this phrase on American TV show Smallville: "In the darkest hour the soul is replenished and given strength to continue and endure."  There spoken by Lionel Luthor, father to the infamous Lex Luthor, in in contest of the show it surely seemed said as if quoting and Lionel always dearly loved displaying his knowledge of classical literature.

A goog on the term found that exact quote at--where else?  There's an web page for that!--at Strength Quotes where they attribute it to Author Unknown.  That reveals thorough disregard for English lexicon which already has the very fine word Anonymous meaning of unknown authorship.

Further googing found this quote attributed to Heart Warrior Chosa, a cool Native American author of  Heart of Turtle island: A Trilogy (Book I: Seven Chalk Hills), a lady with many strands in her DNA, also a political activist,  an artist, and even a backwoods camping guide.

Found soul replenished in the Bible in the 25th verse of the 31st book of Jeremiah, "For I have satiated the weary soul, and I have replenished every sorrowful soul.”  Maybe the Heart Warrior found inspiration in the Bible 'cause every writer borrows from it, Shakespeare one of the more well-known ones to do so.

Or maybe those words of hers sprang from the well-spring we all have within and seek but few can find and put voice to.

I usually eschew those type of quote collections, thinking them crutches for the weak willed to lean on: broke neck bitches, stroked out types, mere words people adopt to fool themselves, make them believe they will walk again.

After breaking my neck, my prayers seemed answered by recovering to walk again, one of the very small percentage of people who do.  Why myself and Adam Taliaferro but not Eric LeGrand?

Did the Lord not favour Mr. LeGrande's prayers.  Did He smite me down again because of my pride, the Spiteful Bastard.  Screw Him.

I might walk again, if anyone will finally listen.  Hell, I might need to save my pennies and move to Germany.  Or better yet, move to Switzerland as hear they have better welfare for broken bodied waifs like me rather than throw me into a scrapheap of a"Health and Rehabilitation Center, with others with no voice nor reason and without family and others whose family can't take care of them like my most addlepated roommate, Jeremiah.

Damn it, damn my luck.  Or maybe God doesn't care about my prayer.

Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power. If you realize that you have enough, you are truly rich.
-- Tao Te Ching (from the aforementioned Great Quotes, which again does not reveal the Tao as also a collection of sayings)

No comments: