Tuesday, June 5, 2012

At Last, a Bill RepubliKKKans Will Support

[...I’m proposing a stimulus package that is specifically structured to attract support from the Republican caucus, and I urge you to pass it right away.


It’s called the G.O.P. Glorification and Obama Disparagement Act, and here’s how it works:

Pass this bill and we’ll immediately inject over $575 billion in taxpayer money into the economy that will be spent on brutally negative advertisements against me and my Administration. Pass this bill and, over the next six months, we’ll inject an additional $385 billion that will be used to denigrate me personally, elevate the esteem of my opponent, and generally undermine the effectiveness of my Presidency.

In doing so, we’ll put millions of Americans back to work immediately—printing and mailing pamphlets about Solyndra, making phone calls to key swing states suggesting that I was born in Kenya, Photoshopping pictures of me smoking pot and wearing burkas, and travelling across the Middle East and Asia in order to undermine dozens of foreign-policy initiatives....] emphasis added
Read more http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdesk/2012/06/shouts-murmurs-one-more-try-on-the-stimulus.html#ixzz1wxOd9sRL

No comments: