Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Create Your Own Religion Competition

Let's see, what can I come up with?

Do good towards your fellow man?  Buddha and Jesus already covered that much better than I could and besides, can't see any profit in that for me, unless of course gullible fools mail me $ in mistaken belief that will get them to paradise.  (See Paypal button to the right, and yes, I will spend the cash on beer.)

First united church of the holy afternoon nap?

Dang it, already taken, albeit with sharp observation of the human condition: "The Church Of The Afternoon NapTM believes that religion has been taken much too seriously by the human race. Currently, and for thousands of years, there have been religions, and religious people, who have strenuously and seriously advocated, based upon their religious beliefs, that those members of society that do not share their religious beliefs should be eradicated from the face of the earth. Many religions, over thousands of years, have tried to instill their unproven, and unprovable, beliefs into society as though they were based on a bedrock of fact."

Did the druids trademark their religion, worshiping trees?

No trees immediately out front of my door so maybe I could promote religion of small bushes and shrubbery.  Yea, that's the ticket.  At least, my marigold won't tell people to kill other people who disagree with it, except of course those insufferable rose horticulturists.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/27/create-your-own-religion_n_885279.html#s299089&title=Modernism



No comments: